- 1 cup Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Zest
- ½ cup Lemon Juice
- 50g Butter, softened, chopped into small pieces
- Beat the eggs and sugar together.
- Beat in juice and zest.
- Beat in the butter. It will lumpy. don't try to make it smooth.
- Microwave on high for up to 8 minutes, until sufficiently thick, whisking every 2 minutes.
- Pour into hot clean jars and seal immediately.
Note: I doubled the recipe to get the 3 jars showing in the photo.
After making this I saw a recipe suggesting creaming the butter and sugar first, then adding the zest, eggs, and juice, to make the curd very smooth. I'll try it on my next batch.