This was a stunning success at my tree-trimming party yesterday. It's from Recipes+ magazine.
- 1 large brie (about 20cm diameter)
- ½ cup unsalted mixed nuts (e.g. brazil, almond, cashew)
- 1 cup mixed dried tropical fruits cut into small pieces(e.g. mango, ginger, pineapple)
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup cold water
- Place brie on serving platter. Decorate top with nuts and dried fruit.
- Put water and sugar into a heavy-based saucepan over a moderate heat.
- Allow the syrup to come to a boil. Do not stir, just swirl the pan to distribute the heat.
- Cook until toffee is a golden brown, rocking pan to distribute colour.
- Immediately pour toffee over the decorated brie.
- Allow the toffee to harden for a few minutes before serving.
Serve with crackers.
I intend to try a scaled down version with a smaller brie.