This is a recipe from my mother's old recipe book. We often had it growing up.
This pudding can be mixed in the bowl it is to be cooked in.
- 1 cup Flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 tablespoon Cocoa
- ½ cup Sugar
- 2 oz Butter
- ½ cup cold Milk
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla essence
- 2 teaspoons Cocoa
- ½ cup Brown Sugar (can substitute white sugar)
- 2 cups Boiling Water
- Mix flour, baking powder, first measure of cocoa (1 tablespoon), and sugar.
- Melt butter. Add milk and vanilla. Add to dry ingredients.
- Mix second measure of cocoa and brown sugar. Sprinkle on top.
- Carefully pour boiling water over.
- Bake in a moderate oven for 35 minutes, or until cooked.
Good with ice cream. I like this served with cold milk.