- 3oz Butter
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1½ cups grated Apple
- 1 cup Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon Cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon Nutmeg
- Pinch of Salt
- Cream butter and sugar
- Add egg, apples, flour, etc.
- Bake 40 minutes in a moderate oven (180°C).
The recipe notes that this could use bananas instead of apples, providing another way to use up ripe bananas.
- 8 Chicken thighs
- 70g Butter, melted
- 1 Tablespoon Mustard
- ¼ cup fresh Breadcrumbs
- ½ cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- 2 Tablespoons chopped Parsley
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground Pepper
- Mix mustard and melted butter together.
- Combine breadcrumbs, cheese, parsley, salt, and pepper in a shallow bowl of plate.
- Dip chicken into butter, then cover in the crumb mixture.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
I used seeded mustard but Hot English mustard or other smooth mustard will also work. I prepared extra butter/mustard and coated chopped potatoes which I baked them alongside the chicken. The seeded mustard added to the appearance and flavour.
- ¼ cup Butter
- 4 Eggs
- ¾ cup Sugar
- 1 pinch Salt
- 2 cups Milk
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla extract
- ½ cup Flour
- Cut butter into flour in a food processor.
- Add all other ingredients and blend for 30-40 seconds.
- Pour into buttered 9 inch pie pan. Sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Bake for 45 minutes in a 180° preheated oven.
Allow to cool thoroughly before serving.