This chicken coating was easier than I expected. I cut down the recipe for the photo but in doing so I made too many crumbs from leftover bread. The birds have a treat in store.
- 8 Chicken thighs
- 70g Butter, melted
- 1 Tablespoon Mustard
- ¼ cup fresh Breadcrumbs
- ½ cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- 2 Tablespoons chopped Parsley
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground Pepper
- Mix mustard and melted butter together.
- Combine breadcrumbs, cheese, parsley, salt, and pepper in a shallow bowl of plate.
- Dip chicken into butter, then cover in the crumb mixture.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
I used seeded mustard but Hot English mustard or other smooth mustard will also work. I prepared extra butter/mustard and coated chopped potatoes which I baked them alongside the chicken. The seeded mustard added to the appearance and flavour.