I found this avocado recipe to use up some of the surplus avocados we have. It makes 12.
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ salt
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted
- Sift flour, cornmeal, baking powder, and salt into a bowl.
- Stir in sugar.
- Mix in eggs and milk until you have a smooth batter. I just do all of this by hand.
- Discard any dark bits on the avocado and mash with a fork.
- Add avocado to the batter, mixing until just smooth.
- Spoon batter into a greased muffin pan.
- Bake 180°C for 15 minutes, until cooked through and the tops are golden.
- Cool for a few minutes in the tray before turning out onto a wire rack.