Categories: "Baking" or "Bread" or "Cakes"
- 4 cups self-raising flour (I use standard flour plus baking powder)
- 1 can lemonade (330ml)
- 1 bottle cream (300ml)
- Pinch of salt (always when using flour)
Note: There is no need to add extra sugar to scones.
- Pre-heat oven to 220°C.
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl to form a soft dough.
- Turn out onto a floured surface and knead into a squarish shape, about 2cm thick.
- Cut into size and place together on an ungreased baking tray. (I used baking paper.)
- Bake for 10 - 15 minutes, until top is browned.
Enjoy with cream or jam.
Makes 12. From Edmonds Cookery Book.
- 50g butter
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1½ teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup milk
- Preheat gem irons in oven at 200°C.
- Cream butter, sugar, and ginger in a bowl until light and fluffy.
- Add egg, beating well.
- Beat in golden syrup.
- Sift flour into creamed mixture. Stir to combine.
- Dissolve soda in milk. Quickly stir into creamed mixture.
- Place small pieces of butter into hot gem irons. Spoon in mixture.
- Bake at 200°C for 10 minutes or until well risen and golden brown.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons custard powder
- 1 cup sugar
- ¾ cup blueberries (I used frozen)
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup milk
- ¾ cup oil
- Sift flour, baking powder, and custard powder. Add sugar and blueberries.
- In a seperate bowl mix eggs, milk, and oil.
- Combine wet ingredients with dry ingredients.
- Spoon into prepared muffin pans and bake at 190°C for 15-20 minutes.