These are rich so I used a mini-muffin pan, making them a mouthful of goodness.
- Short-crust Pastry (I used ready rolled)
- 70g Butter
- 215g brown sugar
- 2 eggs, large
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ light cream (about 10% butterfat)
- ½ raisins, optional (can use pecans or walnuts, toasted and chopped)
- Line mini-muffin pan with pastry.
- Cream butter and sugar
- Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Add vanilla.
- Stir in the cream.
- Place 1-2 raisins in the base of each tart. Fill the tarts with the filling.
- Bake 175°C for about 15-20 minutes or until the pastry is nicely browned.
Serve at room temperature or chilled.