- 4oz butter
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ cup boiling water
- ¾ coconut
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup flour
- Pinch of salt
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in cocoa and vanilla.
- Add hot water and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Add coconut, flour, salt, and baking powder. Beat until combined.
- Place in teaspoon lots on baking tray . (They look better if they look rough.)
- Bake in a moderate oven (about 175°C) for about 15-18 minutes, or until cooked.
Another recipe from my mother's recipe book. I think the way boiling water is added to the creamed mixture is unusual, but these work so I haven't tried to change them.
No feedback yet
Form is loading...