- 225g self raising flour (or standard flour plus 1 tsp baking powder)
- 55g butter, chopped into small (2-3cm) chunks)
- 150ml milk
- pinch of salt
- Pre-heat oven to 220°C.
- Sift dry ingredients into a bowl.
- Using fingers, rub butter into flour until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Make a well in the mixture and pour in the milk.
- Using a knife mix it all together until it resembles a gooey lump.
- Turn it out onto a floured surface and knead it into a squarish shape, about 2.3cm thick.
- Optionally glaze with milk.
- Place of ungreased baking tray (I use baking paper) and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until tops are browned.
- Cool for 2-3 minutes on a wire rack covered with a tea-towel. this lets the centres go from doughy to crumbly.
Serve with jam and cream.
No feedback yet
Form is loading...