Serves many people
- 2 brown onions, diced
- 1 large red capsicum, diced
- ½t chopped red chilli
- ½ bunch fresh coriander, chopped
- 3t chopped garlic
- 50g ginger, chopped
- 2T vegetable oil
- 4kg peeled and chopped kumara
- 2-4l water (I used 2 litres in the cooking, and an additional half litre to help blend the soup.)
- 2T salt
- 1T ground white pepper
- 4T sugar
- 500ml coconut cream
- Sauté the onions, capsicum, chilli, coriander, garlic and ginger in oil.
- Add kumara and cover with water (approx 2-4 litres), add salt, pepper and sugar.
- Boil for one hour.
- Blend and strain.
- Reheat with coconut cream, check seasoning.
I used orange kumara, making the soup look like pumpkin.