I used to work with Leanne on nightfill at Writeprice supermarket. Sunday's we all had a turn to bring supper. This was well received.
- 125g butter
- 2 dessertspoons golden syrup
- 1½ cups flour
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup milk
- 1-2 tablespoons cocoa
- ¼ teaspoon mixed spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda dissolved in ½ cup milk (extra)
- Melt butter, syrup, sugar, and milk together.
- Add sifted flour, cocoa, and spices. Stir well.
- Add vanilla and baking soda in milk.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 180°C.
- Ice with chocolate icing when cold.
- 50g butter, softened
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- Sift cocoa and icing sugar together.
- Add butter and beat well.
- Add boiling water and beat until creamy.
- Spread over cake and allow to set.
No feedback yet
Form is loading...