I've use fresh coriander from the garden for this. As can be seen from my Rocket Pesto recipe, these pestos are very similar in recipe. I omitted the garlic from this by mistake and found it was really tasty despite doing so.
- 2 cups fresh coriander (cilantro) leaves, coarsely chopped
- 50g cashew nuts, salted
- 40g finely grated parmesan cheese
- 125ml vegetable oil (avoid using any strongly flavoured oil)
- Blend coriander, garlic, cashew nuts and parmesan in a food processor until everything is finely chopped.
- While the food processor is running, gradually add the oil in a thin steady stream util well combined.
- Transfer to an airtight jar and cover with a little extra oil to prevent it oxidising and discolouring.
This makes about a cup of pesto.