- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¾ cup milk, approx
- Sift flour, baking powder, and salt into a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg and sugar together until thick.
- Add with milk to sifted ingredients.
- Mix until smooth.
- Cook tablespoonfuls on a hot greased girdle or pan. I grease the surface with butter. Ensure the temperature is not too hot or the edges will burn.
- Turn pikelets over when bubbles start to burst on top surface.
- Cook until golden.
Makes 8-10. Serve warm or cold.
No feedback yet
Form is loading...