- ¾ cup shelled natural pistachios (125g)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- ¼ teaspoon salt (omit if pistachios are salted)
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- 175g butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- This can be made in a flat pan (like a brownie) or in a ring tin. I tried using a silicon pan but it didn't brown well. Prepare metal pan by buttering pan and dusting with flour. Shake out excess flour.
- Pulse pistachios in a food processor until finely ground. (Do not overprocess and let them become a paste).
- Add flour, baking powder, cardamom, and salt and pulse once or twice to mix.
- Combine milk and vanilla in a measuring cup.
- Beat together butter and sugar until pale and fluffy.
- Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Alternately add pistachio flour and milk in batches, beginning and ending with flour, and mix at low speed until just combined.
- Spread batter evenly in cake pan and bake in middle of oven until a tester comes out clean, about 20 minutes.
- Cool in pan on a rack 10 minutes, then run a thin knife around sides of cake and invert onto rack. Remove paper and reinvert cake onto a platter.
- Cut into squares, dust with icing sugar, and serve warm or at room temperature.
No feedback yet
Form is loading...