I found this recipe in Recipes+ magazine.
- About ½-¾ cup stewed Rhubarb
- 125g Butter
- ¾ cup Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 2 Eggs
- 1½ cup self-raising Flour
- ¼ cup Milk
- Prepare loaf pan by buttering and lining with baking paper.
- Cream butter and sugar. Add vanilla then eggs one by one, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in flour and milk.
- Spread half the batter into prepared loaf tin.
- Spoon half the stewed rhubarb in the centre of the batter then swirl mixtures together.
- Repeat for remaining batter and rhubarb.
- Bake 50-55 minutes 180°C.
- Cool then ice/frost with a vanilla butter cream or your favourite soft icing/frosting.
- Smear 1-3 drops of red food colouring through the icing/frosting.
I intend to try the recipe using a runny marmalade instead of the rhubarb.