- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 15g butter
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- About 1-1¼ kg pumpkin, peeled, seeded, and coarsely chopped
- 1 litre (4 cups) stock (chicken or vegetable)
- Heat oil and butter in saucepan then cook onions for about 5 minutes, or until golden. (I like to make soups in my Dutch Oven, but any heavy saucepan will do.)
- Add cumin and cook for 1 minute or until aromatic.
- Add pumpkin pieces and stir to coat.
- Add stock and simmer for about 20 minutes, or until pumpkin is cooked and soft.
- Purée everything. (I use a stick blender for this, and have less dishes to clean up.)
Add a dollop of cream, sour cream, or yoghurt, and serve with your favourite warmed bread.
No feedback yet
Form is loading...