Based on the recipe found at Instructables
- Sweet shortcrust pastry
- Apples, peeled and sliced (I used canned)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons, plus 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Prepare baking tray with either baking parchment or lightly coat with vegetable cooking spray.
- Add lemon juice, cinnamon, and 2T sugar to apples and mix to coat apples.
- Place pastry on prepared baking tray
- mound apples in centre of pastry.
- Sprinkle zest over apples.
- Fold up the edges of the pastry, making pleats as necessary, around apples.
- Brush pastry with egg.
- Sprinkle entire tart with remaining sugar
- Bake 190°C until the crust is golden brown, about 20 minutes.
No feedback yet
Form is loading...