- 1 fennel bulb, cut into 1cm wedges
- 1 large red onion, cut into 1cm wedges
- 6 cloves garlic, smashed I usually use the base of a glass to smash garlic, then remove the skin.
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- ½ bunch fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 salmon fillets, skinned
- 1 lemon, halved
- Heat oven to 200°C.
- In a roasting pan, place the fennel, onion, garlic, tomatoes, thyme, ½ the salt, ½ the pepper, and the oil. Roast for 20 minutes.
- Move the vegetables to the sides of the pan; place the salmon in the centre. Squeeze the lemon halves over the salmon. Sprinkle with the remaining salt and pepper.
- Return the salmon to oven and roast until it is the same color throughout and flakes easily, about 10 to 12 minutes.
Halving this recipe easily fits in a benchtop oven, serving 2.