- 125g butter
- 1 cup diced apple
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1¼ cups flour
- 2 teaspoons mixed spice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup sultanas
- Preheat oven to 160°C and grease a 20cm cake tin.
- Melt butter in a large bowl in the microwave.
- Add diced apple and microwave for another minute. (skip this step if using canned or cooked apples.)
- Mix in sugar then egg and sultanas.
- Sift dry ingredients into the apple mix and stir just enough to blend ingredients evenly.
- Spread the mixture into prepared tin and bake for 45 minutes or so.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes before removing from the tin.
- Dust with icing sugar and serve.
No feedback yet
Form is loading...