- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon oil (for frying onion)
- Vegetables, chopped into 1-2cm pieces. (I used ½ green capsicum, ½ red capsicum, ½ yellow capsicum, ~8 mushrooms, prepared basil, ~½ broccoli)
- 3 eggs
- 500g Ricotta (approx)
- 8 sheets filo pastry
- Oil spray, or 25g melted butter, for filo
- Heat oil in pan. Lightly cook onions and garlic. Allow to cool.
- Lightly cook other vegetables (either steamed, microwaved, or with onions).
- Mix eggs and ricotta until smooth. Add vegetables and combine.
- Prepare baking paper to line pie dish.
- Lay a sheet of filo on baking paper. Spray with oil spray (or use melted butter). Repeat until you have 6 sheets laid out.
- Place baking paper and filo into pie dish. Don't worry about crumpling the corners, this adds the the charm of filo.
- Pour mixture into pie dish. Spread to the corners.
- Spray/butter remaining 2 filo sheets. Cover pie, crumpling corners.
- Bake 30-40 minutes 180°C
- Rest for 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy.
No feedback yet
Form is loading...