I overcooked this the first time I made it (see photo). The original recipe said to bake it for 40-45 minutes in a ring tin, so I was surprised to find it overdone when I checked it at 35 minutes.
- 1 whole orange, skin and all
- 180g melted butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1½ cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
You can use self-raising flour instead of the flour and baking powder.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Grease and flour a baking tin.
- Process the whole orange until well puréed.
- Add eggs, sugar, and butter, mixing well. This can be done in the processor.
- Sift flour and baking powder, and fold into orange mixture.
- Bake 30-45 minutes, or until a cake-tester shows it is cooked.
- Cool, and either ice with Orange Icing, or dust with icing sugar when serving.
No feedback yet
Form is loading...