Note: A zucchini is the same as a courgette.
- ½ cup Flour
- ½ teaspoon Baking Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ½ cup Milk
- ¼ cup diced Onion
- 1 cup grated Zucchini (about 2)
- 1 egg, separated
- 2 Tablespoons Oil (for frying)
Tip: I dice and freeze excess onion from recipes, making it easy to get the right amount for recipes like this.
- Sift flour, baking powder, and salt into a bowl.
- Gradually add milk, mixing until smooth.
- Mix in egg yolks.
- Stir in zucchini and onion.
- In another bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff and not dry.
- Carefully fold the egg white into the vegetable mixture.
- Heat oil in a moderately-hot pan.
- Drop tablespoonfuls of mixture into pan and cook until golden brown, turning once.
- Drain on absorbent paper and serve hot.
I like to serve vegetable fritters with Tomato Relish.
No feedback yet
Form is loading...