- ½ cup strong Black Coffee, cooled
- 150g Butter, melted
- ¾ cup Sugar
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1½ cups Flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- ¾ Caster Sugar
- Mix melted butter, first measure of sugar, and egg yolks together.
- Fold in sifter flour and baking powder alternately with coffee.
- Place mixture in a lined 20cm tin.
- Beat egg whites until stiff
- Gradually beat caster sugar into the egg whites until mixture is thick.
- Spread topping over cake mixture
- Bake at for 45-50 minutes in a pre-heated 180° oven or until an inserted skewer comes out clean.
- Cool in tin.
- Dust with cinnamon to serve.